We want to see you plan for success. Even if you’re a relaxed couple, planning an informal wedding without speeches and games, it’s still important to have a wedding day itinerary.
There are a few options when it comes to planning out your wedding day itinerary. You can hire a wedding planner, work with your venue coordinator, or appoint a friend for day-of management. On the day of your wedding, you do not want to be micromanaging the details. If you have a plan that has been shared with all the key players, then you will not have any of us tapping you on the shoulder asking who is supposed to give a speech next.
Your Wedding Day Itinerary
There are items that are fixed during your day, so we recommend plotting them first; ceremony, photos, and dinner. Depending on your requirements and vision, a wedding pro can help design your wedding day itinerary. Once these static parts are in place, you can fill in the details and transitions for the day.
Now we are ready for music and your DJ/MC! Below is a list of things you should consider for your reception. Keep in mind, all of these things will affect your wedding day itinerary!
- first dance and parent dances?
- If so, when and how?
- Formal Introductions with a big wrestling theme song entrance or keep it simple?
- Are there going to be speeches?
- If so, when, and how many?
- Can you keep your speeches to 5 minutes or will people speak longer?
- A slide show? (Keep in mind, the prep work, the length of your slide show, setting up equipment, and removing it.)
- Games! Shoe games, centerpiece games, kissing games, etc? (We see a 50/50 split on this in recent years. Many couples are cutting these out to party sooner!)
We have worked for many couples where the dancing does not start till 11:00 pm. For some, this is by design as the speeches, meals, and slide show are the priority. Some other couples, they thought they would be dancing by 9:00 pm, but no one helped them plan their wedding day itinerary properly.
With over 30 years of experience, our team has seen it all. We are happy to work with you, and discuss how long different components of your reception will take. We have a detailed reception planner and we will work with you to build your day so that you have exactly what you want with no surprises!