Getting the bride and groom to kiss is a favourite of reception guests, but the old fashioned “clinking glasses” is just that. Old Fashioned. Plus your venue probably doesn’t want everyone banging on their stemware.
Change things up with one of these games to put a fun twist on a classic reception staple!
1. Give 5 Tips – On each table guests will find a list of themes left by the bride and groom. To make them kiss a guest must choose a theme, and come to the mic to read their top 5 tips, then the couple kisses.
Theme Suggestions :
Ways to stop at argument
Things to do on our anniversary
Words of advice for newlyweds
2. Sing a Song – MC can announce that If you want to see the Bride and Groom kiss, you or your table must stand and sing a song with love in it. (Most popular because it works and crowds love it!)
3. Hershey’s Kisses – Get a bag and fill it with 2 different colours of Hershey’s Kisses. The guests are invited to come up and select a kiss from the bag. If they select a (silver) kiss the Bride and Groom will kiss, and if they select a (red) one the guests must go back and kiss someone from their table. The MC or DJ can announce this game.
4. Kissing Die – This is an over-size 6-sided die. Two of the sides have lips on them, the other four sides have numbers from one to four. The DJ or MC can announce this game. There are variations on the result of the roll.. a- If the die lands on a lips, the B+G will kiss, if it lands on a number the guests goes back and kisses someone from their table b- If the die lands on a number, the Bride and Groom will kiss for that # of seconds, if it lands on a lips, the guest goes back and kisses someone from their table c- If the die lands on a lips, the Bride and Groom will kiss, if it lands on a number, the guest goes back to the table, counts the same number of seats to their left and kisses the guest sitting in that chair.
5. Demonstration – The MC or DJ can announce this game. Simply announce that in order to get the Bride and Groom to kiss, a couple in the group must come up in front of the head table and give a demonstration of how they want the Bride and Groom to kiss, the Bride and Groom must copy it!
6. Trivia Game – Usually handled by the MC, the DJ can announce it too. The Bride and Groom make up a list of 25 or so trivia questions about them, write them on separate pieces of paper and put them in a bag or box at the podium or head table. The guests are invited to read and answer them…If they get the question right, the Bride and Groom will kiss, if they get it wrong, the guests must go back and kiss someone at their table.
7. Name That Tune – MC or DJ can announce game, DJ plays the music. The Bride and Groom or the DJ makes up a list of popular songs that should be easily identifiable hearing only a couple of seconds of each. The guest taps the glass or otherwise makes the MC aware that they want to play, the MC announces them, the DJ plays the beginning of a song and the guest has to guess what song it is. If they guess correctly, the Bride and Groom kiss, if they guess wrong, they go back and kiss someone at their table.
8. Bell Ringing – The Bride and Groom set a small bell and each place setting and when the guests ring the bells, the Bride and Groom kiss!
9. Chopstick Professional – The guests pick up different items with chopsticks. The harder the item to pick up the better the kiss. Have the 3 levels of difficulty separated on a banquet table and set up on the dance floor. Put tent cards with the titles of the levels. Once an object has been picked up, it is removed from the table. Easy items: golf ball, another chopstick, a flower Medium Items: a single grain of rice, a ring, a grape Hard items: a heavy book, something slippery, a CD, a piece of paper, a coin, a marble.
10. Putting Green – Place a putting green on the dance floor and invite the guests to come up and putt. If they get a hole-in-one the Bride and Groom will kiss.