1. Closest Birthday – Usually an announcement made by the MC. The guest at each table whose birthday is closest to the wedding day wins the centrepiece.
2. Longest Together Couple – Usually announced by the MC. The couple at each table who have been together the longest wins the centrepiece.
3. Pass The Toonie – DJ runs this game. The DJ asks all the guests to stand up and get 1 guests at each table to hold up a Toonie or a Loonie. He will then play a fun song like the “Twist” and tells the guests to pass the coin around the table until the music stops. When the music stops the guest holding the coin is “out” and the coin keeps going. The DJ starts and stops the music eliminating the guests until there is one guest left at each table holding the toonie. The DJ then announces that the guest holding the Toonie WINS THE TOONIE. And the guest who offered up the Toonie in the first place wins the centrepiece.
4. Sticker – Place a sticker on the bottom of one guests tea cup at each table, MC can announce to look for it and that guest wins the centrepiece.
5. Salt and Peppers – DJ runs this game. You must have a open dance floor during dinner. Same set-up as pass the Toonie. The guests stand, one guest picks up the salt and one picks up the pepper. The DJ plays a fun song and the guests pass the salts and peppers in opposite directions around the table. When the music stops, the guests holding the salts and peppers and asked to come to the dance floor and line up facing each other in front of the Bride and Groom. The DJ will then announce that we are going to have a dancing competition between the Salts and the Peppers to a funny song like the Macarena, encouraging the audience to cheer them on. The Bride and Groom select whether the Salts or the Peppers wins the centrepiece.
6. Number Draw – MC or DJ can run this game. Client supplies the envelopes and numbers. Place an envelope on each table with numbered cards in it for each person at the table. (If there are 8 guests, use the number 1-8.) At the appropriate time, the MC can ask the guests to draw a number from the envelope. The MC should also have an envelope of numbers. When each guest has a number in their hand, the MC draws a number from his envelope, and that will be the winning number at each table.
7. The Time Traveler – The DJ or MC asks one person from each table to stand up with their napkin. DJ Plays a Song and asks those people to dance around the table and lead their table to the dance floor.
DJ / MC says “We are going to travel through time” and plays about 1 min to 1 1/2 min. of each song.
50’s 123 o’clock 4 o’clock rock
60’s Let’s twist again like we did last summer
70’s Stayin’ Alive – BeeGees
80’s Thriller – Michael Jackson
90’s La Vida Loca – Ricky Martin
00 Promiscuous – Nelly Furtado & Timbaland – Full song plays and winner is announced as the person who stood up and led their table to the dance floor!
8. Left / Right – The youngest person at the table will pick up their spoon. I’m going to read a story out to you, and you’ll have to listen carefully for me to say “left” or “right”. When you hear it you’ll have to pass the spoon along accordingly. Whoever ends up with the spoon at the end, wins the centrepiece.
DJ / MC reads this (email if you want us to send you a sample)
The spoon should end up back with the same person who started it 🙂